Monday, January 11, 2010

Before & After: Scrapbooking Surgery



I was upset with my attempt at a layout I did earlier today.


As much as i LOVE using lace, I just can't seem to get it right.


I consulted Scrap Therapy's resident Shabby Chicksters, Mandy & Beccy who gave some advice on how to fix it. Given that I had used glue and staples to stick it down originally, I was a little limited in what I could do to rescue this layout without totally starting again with a reprinted photo!! I changed a few things off my own accord and this is what I came up with. I am pleased with the result. What do you think?


Before:
After:

3 comments:

mandysea said...

Yay!! you rocked it now!! Looks fab and I LOVE your torn edges!!!
Coooo!
x

BecM said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!
You got it girl!!
It Looks fantastic!!!

Was going to suggest something to change the colour of the lace too!

Sandra said...

Looks great Maria! I have the same issue with lace and ribbon, but I find if I bunch it up rather than lay it flat, I like it better.